Tuesday, January 15, 2008

where's the snow?


It was cold, windy and dark today. No snow to cheer up the surroundings. Instead of posting a gloomy photo, thought I'll post something more cheery that I took last wed.
The bridge leads up to a small island called Uunisaari in Helsinki. There is a restuarant and sauna facilities. It was closed when i was there mid day. In summer, people like to go to the beach on the island.
Notice the reflection in the water. That's what I like about this shot besides the snow. It was a calm and quiet day.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Lovely reflections in the water. I love reflections.

Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, Pat's Photo-a-Day

lala said...

Lovely shot of Uunisaari. I am an American living in HKI and am doing a welcome presentation for some people who have just relocated. Could I get your permission to show this picture during the presentation as it is a peaceful picture of the waterfront in winter. Thanks and you can reach me at finnishsnowqueen@yahoo.com. Happy photographing!